Learn Underwater Photography - Best Dive Sites in the World - 2015 Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Learn Underwater Photography
With this Value-Added Course / Workshop in Raja Ampat

Information in this post is specific to the April 4 - 17, 2015 Trip.
Small Group Raja Ampat Trips - Limited Participation - "Value-Added"

April 4-17, 2015
13 Days, 13 Nights.
Sorong - Sorong.
Limited to 12 Guests.
Liveaboard.
Hand-picked dive guides.
Professional Underwater Photographer-Educator.

Learn how to get the best results from your underwater photography equipment while diving some of the best reefs and dive sites in the world!

Visit the April 4-17 Underwater Photography Workshop Trip Summary Page

x-ray-raja-ampat-Don-Silcock350.jpgMirrorLess-Cameras-Wide-Angle-Don-Silcock-X-Ray.jpg

In 2015 I've added a special Underwater Photography Course / Workshop with my normal team PLUS for this April 2015 trip, a photo course organized and taught by Don Silcock.

Don is a wonderful teacher with a technical background, skills & experience in teaching other than photo courses, and has an eye for composition, color and light. He is an expert in underwater camera equipment (writing columns for dive magazines), and in editing images.

Don, a.k.a. "Manta Magnet", believes in the abilities of his students to conquer the challenges of taking pictures underwater. Plus, he makes it fun! Every session is not only instructional, but entertaining.

Comments from underwater photographers about previous trips with Don. Here is a sample:

“I came home with, by far, the best UW pics that I had taken in ten + years of dragging various cameras underwater. Don was easily approachable with all questions, even the most minor and obvious. He freely shared his extensive experience, but did so in a manner that made all who interacted with him very comfortable.”

Raja-Ampat-Reefs-Don-Silcock.jpg

For many years I've organized "Value-Added" liveaboard trips in Raja Ampat. In many cases the Value-Added trip price is similar to a "standard" liveaboard trip, even though I limit the guests to only 12 divers instead of the 16 a normal full charter would take.

My team and I know the area exceptionally well and will plan your diving at sites we know will present great photo opportunities for each day's assignment.

You'll experience the best Raja Ampat has to offer, amazing reefs teeming with life, manta rays soaring above your head, odd critters discovered in their hiding places in the algae and rubble. Rock islands, pinnacles, narrow passages, deep bays - every dive site is unique - we know them well and can show you the best of everything.

You'll enjoy the assistance of my team, all of whom have several years experience working together to support my groups in Raja Ampat.

Every day there will be photo sessions with Don, a goal for your photography, and reviews in the evening.

Read the Underwater Photography trip agenda.

No single supplement.

I can promise same gender cabin mate if you travel solo, so no single supplement.
Also, 2 guaranteed single cabins available (extra cost).

Route: Sorong - Sorong: see Sample Itinerary for Raja Ampat Dive Trip

Inclusions, Exclusions, Travel Itinerary, Prices, Fees:

Get news of special offers, new trips, marine life info:

This trip begins on arrival in Sorong, Indonesia April 4. Return to port April 26 approx. 9PM (overnight on the ship), depart April 17. 1 day photo course & hotel overnight. 12 days of diving and underwater photography, 12 nights aboard the liveaboard ship.

Camera-Table-View-DFugitt.jpg

Great trip for underwater photography - best for beginner to intermediate level underwater photographers. Bring a DLSR or compact camera - your choice.

Arrange your International travel - we'll organize the rest. Happy to provide assistance with your International itinerary to/from Indonesia and book domestic Indonesia flights, hotels and side trips.

Ask about an inexpensive extension to visit Orangutans in Borneo or additional diving in Ambon, Lembeh, or Bali before or after the liveaboard cruise.

For more information or to ask about booking -
PM, email the address on my sig file, or call for details.

Back
Top Bottom