LOB Maldives Oct to catch the Manta Cyclone - Hari Raya Haji Week & last min deal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tdives

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have planned this trip to witness the Manta Cyclone or Manta vortex. The mantas will act as a cyclone to feed on the plankton. You can read more about them here. The guys in Maldives told us the best time to see Manta Cyclone is when the plankton is at the most abundance between Aug to Oct and when it is full moon. So the dates we have set are during the full moon time.

Let's pray hard that the mantas cooperate with us and we get to see the manta cyclone! can't wait already!

This is a private charter and agent price has been reduced after the commission removed.

So here goes the information

Date: 4 - 11 October 2014

Everything you need to know about the LOB
We found a boat called the Maldives Princess. It is one of the most luxurious boats in operation. And we were told that Manta Vortex in Hanifuru Bay happened most likely happen during the full moon of Aug - Oct, hence our trip will be 4 - 11 October 2014.

Can check them out here:
https://www.facebook.com/MVMALDIVESPRINCESS or
Maldives Princess | Best Scuba Liveaboard

(This same boat is used by Michael Aw, Imran Ahmad and Jan Acosta. They are all personal friends of ours and they have recommended good words of the boat)

The liveaboard (LOB) package would be approximately USD1850 per pax for 7 night LOB. (Others are charging around USD2500 for the same trip)

Here are the inclusion of the trip as emailed to us by Maldives Princess:
- 3 dives a day or depends on the route or crossing channel time
- 3 meals a day
- current govt bed tax at $8.00 per night per person
- sharing accommodation in A/C room with en-shuite shower (hot water is available) and WC
- 24 hour coffee or tea with light biscuit
- weight and weight belt
- unlimited mineral water (no extra charge)
- BBQ dinner on island (depends on weather)
- free nitrox for certified divers

EXCLUDES:
- flights from mother country
- visa on arrival
- soft drinks and alcohol
- crew tipping
- 8% government tax

And since we plan to catch the Manta Vortex in Hanifaru bay, we will get a chance to snorkel (no diving) with hundreds of Mantas. Google: Manta Vortex/Manta cyclone to see images. Hanifaru bay is a bit of detour from the normal course and it will take an 8 hour channel crossing to do this. So we will lose a couple of dives on that day and there is a USD100 per person surcharge that includes a one time entrance to the marine park. The manta vortex only happens during the months starting Aug - Oct.

Price
So you are looking at a price of USD1850 + USD100 + 8% tax = USD2,106 nett

*Price is for twin sharing

All other matters
We have 4 spaces out of 20 left. Please let me know if you are interested and a immediate 50% downpayment is needed for confirmation(USD1000). Full payment must be cleared on 15 September.

We are flying from Singapore and with Malaysia Airlines. We have paid SGD450 for the air tickets. Let me know if you need me to do your booking for you too. Alternatively, if you are doing your own booking, we arrive Male on 4 October at 21:55H and departing Male on 22:45H. Please try to do your booking as close as our arrival and departure time as possible

You can contact me through whatsapp at +62 8133 933 4300 or via my email at tjcheo@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom