Come to Curacao... and dive with Ocean Encounters!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey there fellow divers!!

If any of you are planning some diving trips in 2009... Come to Curacao!!!

Curacao is located in the southwestern Caribbean, at latitude 12Ž° north and longitude 68Ž° west. The island is just 70 km (44 miles) north of South America. It is 2 1/2 hours by air from Miami. The island is 56 km (35 miles) off the coast of Venezuela 45 minute flight from Caracas. It is a nine-hour flight to Amsterdam.

Dive with Ocean Encounters Diving - Curacao!!

Ocean Encounters is an internationally recognized and award winning scuba diving center in Curacao.

Our family owned scuba diving operation is a PADI Gold Palm Five Star IDC Centre, a PADI National Geographic Scuba Diving Center and a Beautiful Oceans Science Centre.

We are centrally located in the well-known Seaquarium complex, with our main full-service facilities on the grounds of the Lions Dive and Beach Resort by Mambo Beach.

Ocean Encounters at Breezes Curacao provides you with scuba diving services at the best real all-inclusive resort in Curacao. All certified divers staying at Breezes Curacao are entitled to one complementary shore dive a day at the resort house reef. Non-divers may take a free of charge PADI Discover Scuba Diving course per stay.

Ocean Encounters has facilities at Kontiki Beach Dive Resort, Hilton Curacao and Ocean Encounters West at Playa Kalki.

Ocean Encounters fleet of large and comfortable dive boats is prepared to cater to scuba diving groups of any size and requirements.

Ocean Encounters in-house PADI Course Director is training our Instructors in a variety of specialties to assist you in achieving your PADI Master Scuba Diving Certification in a safe and pleasant environment. Instructor Development Courses are now offered more often and with flexible dates. Next IDC is scheduled for May 5th-15th, 2009. For more information, contact the Course Director, Christian Ambrosi. (explorer@oceanencounters.com)

Best part of all... organize a trip... receive a commission for the group and for every nine divers you bring... the 10th is free!! What could be better than that!!

If you are not into groups... no problem! Call us toll free from the USA or Canada.
US/Can toll free # 1-877-ScubaEZ or 877-728-2239 and ask for Edward!!

Safe Diving Everyone and hope to see you soon in Curacao!!

Best regards,
Bryan

For more information about Ocean Encounters ...
please contact Bryan Horne via PM or email me (listed below).
Also, check out our website!!

Just booked Breezes for me and my wife this morning. Arriving April 25 to and leaving May 2nd.

booking with Ocean Encounters tonight. is the deposit refundable if canceled more than 2 weeks in advance?

all we want to do is dive dive dive. booking the boat dive package, but want to do as much shore diving as possible. would you say the shore diving is easily accessible? (lockers, dock, ladder, tanks, cleaning tanks). we want the option to catch the sunrise underwater, then do the 2 boat dives, an afternoon dive, and then a night dive. hopefully everything is close and easy so we have the energy. possible?

can.. not.. wait...

Hey there Spidersense... if all you want to do is dive dive dive... then you have booked the right place!! All is possible and diving is very accessible!! Just wait and see... you will be very happy!!

See you soon at Breezes!!!

Any more questions... don't hesitate to ask!! Always happy to help!!

Regards,
Bryan

Thanks Bryan,
I submitted an OE reservation online earlier in the week (no response or confirmation yet though).

i do have a few concerns..
i just got a housing for my dSLR. i'm hoping the dive boats are camera friendly. entry/exit, clean tanks, etc.

i am bringing alot of electronics (coming from the US). i hope the power at breezes is compatible. their faq suggested charging sensitive stuff like camera battery at the dive shop.

i booked the best room (well, most expensive) they had. junior suite oceanview. i hope that is near the dive shop. the camera setup with strobes are a bit geeky to carry. oh, and heavy too. :)

Thanks for the questions... sorry for the delay, my system crashed!! :(

Here are some answers for you.

1) Our boats are camera friendly. There are large camera only buckets filled with fresh water every day plus the DM's and Captain's assist photograher's in and out of the boat with their camera's. Should not be an issue.

2) Regarding the power, the electrical system here in Curacao is 110 but it is 50 cycles. Most chargers if you look on the bottom where the sticker is indicates 50-60htrz. However, there have been situations w/ rechargeable AA, AAA, etc... where the charger is no good. Please check, but I know my laptop, battery charger for my light, etc... are all fine.

3) The diveshop is located on the south east corner of the hotel... really not far from any of the rooms. Except maybe if you are all the way on the west end of the resort, then it might be a 3 min walk! :wink:

See you soon Spidersense!!

Anything more, please do not hesitate to contact me!!

Safe diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom