Cheap diving+hotel in Bermuda?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl_

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know where a cheap hotel is in Bermuda. I also want the hotel to be close to a dive shop (walking distance). Want to make this easy to do several dives throughout the weekend.

Bermuda is not synonymous with "cheap".

Your best bet for a hotel in proximity to a dive shop would be Triangle Divers and the Grotto Bay Beach Resort. Triangle Divers is located right there. You are on the bus route and access is easy.

Triangle Diving Bermuda - Best Dive Shop

$135 for a 2 tank half day dive vs $85 for the same thing in the Keys. Is this normal for Bermuda diving?

Wait until you pay for food.....a hot dog is $10 on Bermuda. Everything is shipped in there. Very expensive in general.

Want to make this easy to do several dives throughout the weekend.

Week or weekend? A number of dive op.s mainly offer a 2 tank boat trip about once per day, much of the time. I cannot speak for Bermuda, but if you're after a place you can do several dives during a single weekend, that may be a problem. How long are you there, and are you allowing some time for off-gassing before flying, assuming this is a plane trip situation?

Richard.

$135 for a 2 tank half day dive vs $85 for the same thing in the Keys. Is this normal for Bermuda diving?

yes, it is lol

we did the Grotto Bay first time and Blue Water Divers, but we had a scooter
second time we rented an apartment and had a scooter, that was cheaper then the hotel, but Bermuda is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination

I have been to Bermuda at least 50 times since 1990. The cheapest places to stay are the guest houses. This is a pretty amazing island, so close from most east coast US cities and well, the wreck diving is a big attraction. I stay at The Reefs, not cheap. I have stayed at Grotto Bay which is like a Holiday Inn but nicer. It's a fine choice. Dining will cost you a pretty penny. We love Bermuda and 2 hours from BOS makes it a simple go to long weekend for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom