Tusa liberator console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cchuckie51

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW OLD THIS MIGHT BE
IT,S A TUSA LIBERATOR CONSOLE WITH A PRESSURE GUAGE /DEPTH/COMPASS
WAS TOLD 5YRS
BUT IT ALSO CAME WITH A TUSA BOTTOM/SURFACE TIMER I PULLED THE TIMER OUT OT SEE IF IT HAD BATTERY
AND ONTHE BOTTOM SAID WAS MADE IN USA 1993
HAS ANY HAD ONE OF THESE AND IF SO CANI CHANGE BATTERY OR DOES IT NOT HAVE ONE
GOT THIS TO HAVE A SPARE REG SETUP
WENT DIVING LAST YEAR WITH A FRIEND AND WHEN WE WENT TO SETUP THE GEAR IT WAS MISSING SO WE DROVE 2HRS OUTAND THEN BACK AND NO DIVING BUMMER WITH HAVING ALL MY GEAR I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE ONE
THANKS FOR ANY INFO:confused:

i have posted some pics it might help some remember some thing
thanks for any info:confused:

Attachments

• IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 155
It's not a user changeable battery.

just quick ?
this console came with a us divers octo/ fist stage and second conshelf any idea what it's worth
the unit looks new i did hook up to air and all was well no leaks full pressure on guage mouth pieces worked fine

just quick ?
this console came with a us divers octo/ fist stage and second conshelf any idea what it's worth
the unit looks new i did hook up to air and all was well no leaks full pressure on guage mouth pieces worked fine

any idea how old this is and where i can get it changed?

It's about 18 years old, I don't think anybody is replacing the batteries anymore. I believe Tekna made the timer for them but Tekna went out of business 15 years ago.

My Liberator console is 20 years old. The date stamp on the bottom timer is 1992. The the batteries are replaceable; 357 button silver or equivalent lithium. Just use long, thin needle nose pliers in the notches in on the back case to open it. Very easy. Reinstall the tiny dessicant bag. Refinish the bezel by sanding it underwater with 2000 grit Wet-Or-Dry sandpaper, then finish it off by vigorously polishing with 3M Finess-It II machine compound (use your thumb until it gets warm). Comes out like glass.

This console came a nice PINK Tusa Imprex reg set I bought for daughter several years ago. Even has pink hose protectors. Great regs. I'll post snaps after I find a replacement compass.

Any idea where I can get a replacement compass for this console? I've had mine for around 20 years.
Let me know if you have any luck

Thanks
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom