Zen Time Resetting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

odblnt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Zen is acting a little whacky.

Sitting around the house, it's fine. As I go out on a boat, it resets the time by several hours and days. :confused:

I reset the time and date and it seems to function as normal during the dive and downloads the data to my computer with no problems.

Will a new battery fix this? I just bought the unit in April and didn't think the battery would be exhausted by now.

Pete

Talk to the LDS you bought it from, might be a battery issue. Maybe some warranty coverage. The shop that sold it to you would be your #1 resource for this I think.

HI Pete-
Dave is correct, but we also recommend having your LDS contact us at 800-482-2282 or info@tusa.com for an RA# to return the unit for evaluation. You can also return it directly if necessary, please have your personal details and IQ-900 unit serial number and firmware version (please consult the user manual as necessary) available. Customer service will issue an RA# for return.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I'd try wearing it around and do some pool swimming for a few days, but, of course, it didn't want to reset.

I did download the firmware, but since I am running a Mac, am currently unable to install it. (The unit has Rev 1d on it and current is Rev 1f.)

When I went to take off the unit, pulling on the strap caused the display to blink off briefly but not reset.

I changed the battery, though, and haven't had any problem lately. Will dive with it on Tuesday (with a backup) so will check then. My friend at the LDS said that if there is still a problem, they would probably swap it out and send it back through to TUSA.

We'll see next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom