Tusa Zen "ERR" in Dive mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airbug1009

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've dived with the Tusa Zen for 60 dives and during my last dive, i was surprised the ERR message showed up during my safety stop. After referring to the manual, the situation is exactly like what it explained in page 122. I have to send my DC to the dive shop in Taiwan in order to send it back to Tusa for evaluation.

Does this occur often? How much time does it take to get my DC back?

Thanks!

HI-
The ERR screen is typically only shown if there is an electronics or transducer failure, it does not occur often but as with all electronic devices it can occur. Dependent upon the handling time from your dive shop to our Taiwan office, it may take a few weeks, but we recommend contacting your dive shop so that they may contact Taiwan.

You shouldnt have to send it back to Taiwan you should be able to send it to any TUSA shop and they can send it back

This customer is located in Thailand and the TUSA office that services that region is located in Taiwan.
You shouldnt have to send it back to Taiwan you should be able to send it to any TUSA shop and they can send it back

Man following your comments is mind blowing... Stop, think, breath, think, then act. Stop getting in such a hurry to offer bad information. Your not helping anyone.

HI-
The ERR screen is typically only shown if there is an electronics or transducer failure, it does not occur often but as with all electronic devices it can occur. Dependent upon the handling time from your dive shop to our Taiwan office, it may take a few weeks, but we recommend contacting your dive shop so that they may contact Taiwan.

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply! Although I live in Thailand but I travel back and forth regularly. I've already contacted the dive shop there about this situation and they will send it to the Tusa office in Taiwan. When you mention about electronic failure, does it mean some parts needs to be replaced? Will my dive log be erased?

hi, I just had the same problem with mine today. after 10 min in the water it started to display ERR, depth and a flashing arrow to go up! I'm really not impressed with this computer I have to say!

1- temperature is always off compared to other computers
2- transmitter only works if I have my arms above my head
3- data transfers weird info sometimes
4- menu system really not intuitive

Overall very disapointed with my purchase. I'm a dive instructor for Dressel Divers and will not suggest this DC to my students anytime soon.

I hope that Tusa will do something for me.

Xscream1, return it to your LDS or the distributor in your region. If it's under warranty, it will be replaced as required.

I've been trying to make arrangements to get mine fixed for the same issue (happened during class in the pool) since early November. I can't seem to get an answer and my last couple emails to our rep have gone unanswered.

The unit needs to be returned to TUSA for factory reset and/or replacement. As per the user manual, any ERR message requires the unit be returned to the factory. Please contact TUSA customer service at info@tusa.com to reques an RMA or please contact your LDS for return to TUSA.
I've been trying to make arrangements to get mine fixed for the same issue (happened during class in the pool) since early November. I can't seem to get an answer and my last couple emails to our rep have gone unanswered.

Back
Top Bottom