TUSA Visio Pro protective coating? plz help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hong32585

Registered
Reaction score
plz help.

I got my new mask, but I also got a problem.

Someone told me that the mask is coated with a protective coating for a brand new mask, and users should remove that coating before using. Is it true?

So I fog it purposely, and I found it fog unevenly; i uploaded a photo below. I wonder has it the "good" coating damaged? or just some of the protective coat come off? What should I do next?
P1020302.jpg

HI-
The M-110SQB-CR Visio Pro mask has a specially coated Crystalview optical glass lens. The coating is both anti-reflective and blocks harmful ultraviolet light, hence AR/UV treatment. The coating is applied to the outside of the glass and should not be polished or the user should not try to remove it. Special care should be taken to protect the surfaces from scratches or damage. A non-viscous liquid antifog solution could be used on the inside of the mask as necessary and the inside can be scrubbed gently.
Rinse the mask in fresh water and air dry, store the mask in the provided case when dry. Do not expose the mask to prolonged direct sunlight. Additionally, special care instructions are outlined on the hang tag attached to your mask.

Last edited:
What they are talking about is not really a protective coating but there is a film on the lens from when the maufature makes masks. It is on all tempured glass lens masks. You do need to get it off otherwise no matter what you do or defog you use it will fog up. You can use a soft scrub mask scrub which is made for that very purpose. We sell them for $3.95, or you can use toothpaste. It has to be the old style white toothpaste, the gel kind will not work. What you do is squirt a bunch of it on the lens on the inside of the mask and rub it around with your finger until it squeaks. Then you are good to use defog or spit.

This is incorrect information, please DO NOT follow this recommendation made by Shftrdog for the M-110SQB-CR Visio Pro Mask.
Shftrdog you are recommending something that may be assumed OK with standard glass lenses, the Visio Pro does not have a standard glass lens and has a special coating applied. Soft scrub will damage the coating! Thank you.

What they are talking about is not really a protective coating but there is a film on the lens from when the maufature makes masks. It is on all tempured glass lens masks. You do need to get it off otherwise no matter what you do or defog you use it will fog up. You can use a soft scrub mask scrub which is made for that very purpose. We sell them for $3.95, or you can use toothpaste. It has to be the old style white toothpaste, the gel kind will not work. What you do is squirt a bunch of it on the lens on the inside of the mask and rub it around with your finger until it squeaks. Then you are good to use defog or spit.

but why my lens fog unevenly like the photo? anything going wrong with it? is it defective? I am sure a good coating lens should fog evenly like my glasses(Hoya Lens).the coating is really directly on backside lens. I thought the
AR/UV treatment was done in the middle of the two lens.
I also helped my friend to buy one, both got the same problem. the heavily fog area mean the AR/UV damaged? and how likely the layer will come off if it is scrubbed by tissue paper? (the UV coat of Hoya lens must not damaged by tissues)

I am really upset now....I upload one more photo, hope you can explain why it happen.
P1020310.jpg.....​

Last edited:
The inside of the mask lens is untreated, you can use defog and gently scrub if necessary. Our caution was regarding the exterior coating on the lens.

Back
Top Bottom