900 ZEN Altitude graphic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spikeinleduc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have just purchased a TUSA IQ 900 Zen dive computer and am slowly working my way through the owner’s manual.
I have come across a bit of an anomaly though. In both the WATCH ALT DISPLAY (page 20 fig 9 of the owner’s manual), and the NORM SURF ALT (page 41 Fig 31 of the owner’s manual) modes, the elevation graphic reads EL2. I think that the elevation displays should be blank as my altitude here just 10 minutes east of Edmonton Airport is 2412’ ASL, the airport itself is 2372’ ASL. I have not gone diving with this DC yet. Is there something I am missing?
Thanks,
Chris

HI Chris-
The IQ-900 in watch will take altitude measurements every 30 minutes and in Dive mode every 15 mins. The altitude compensation is from 3001' up to 14000' (EL2-EL7). It appears the watch may have the Conservative Factor setting turned on (which puts the watch at EL2). Please review the settings and turn off the CF it is activated, then the watch should display SEA. Pages 119-120 in the user manual can be used for reference for altitude sensing and adjustment. If the display continues to read improperly, please contact your LDS for warranty.

Thanks for the reply.
The CF is definitely set to off and has been since I first went through the manual and noticed the EL2 display. A little more info as I have been monitoring this issue; when the local barometric pressure goes up over approximately 30.00", the EL2 does not display, the graphic is blank. When the pressure is lower, like 29.64", it displays EL2, but in the ranges in between, if I let the DC temperature drop to below 60F, the EL2 will disappear and reappear as the temperature (and the DC) warm up to somewhere around 65F or so. I have about 600' til I should be in the EL2 zone and I know temperature, pressure and altitude are all related, but this has me scratching my head .
I will be dropping by my LDS on Saturday to see what they have to say.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom