Help with old mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the model of this mask and if the missing piece (between the two lens and across the top) is replaceable? This mask belongs to my wife and she loves it. This is the only one she can find that is a perfect fit for her and she is not ready to give up on it yet. I assume if I can just replace the missing piece there will not be a leakage problem?

Attachments

• mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 185
That is a Liberator mask. It's style has been cloned by many companies, but I still use the Tusa. The missing piece is the lock which holds the lense frames in place. It can be replaced--if you can find one. I am not sure if the clones' locking strips will fit the Tusa Liberator. I would contact Tusa and see if they will sell you one. Do not let her dive with that piece missing. I believe that Leisurepro sells the Liberator+ mask for about $33.

The cost is not the issue, it is the fit of this mask. I am not sure she will get the same fit out of a brand new one since this one is like the old well worn tennis shoe. She has tried about a dozen different masks and she still wants this one fixed if possible. If it comes down to buying a new mask I will just to scavenger this piece. As far as the link, I did see this mask as I was searching around. It has the same shape as hers but the frame has a clear piece on the top and hers doesn't. The color is not important, I just want to make sure the piece will fit.

a scubapro solara mask is the same..same mold..the black silicone does feel softer to me for some rreason, and gives a better seal than the clear silicone..sells for around $59.

Looks very close to the Liberator Plus I use....they are inexpensive, worth buying a new one to see if it fits. Dang, they have gone up some. Tusa Liberator Plus Two Window Mask (TM-5700Q)

WOW, they have increased the website price. I bought a new one last fall for $33.00, and used a % off coupon on my entire order. I wonder if the price has something to do with the MAP pricing many manufacturers are enforcing. I find that on MAP items, if I call, I get a much better price.

TC,
I have found that after a few hundred dives, the silicone skirt seems to stiffen up a little, and does not seal as well. Of course. I have facial hair, and that probably is not a problem with your wife. Regardless, a new mask might be a good idea.

Can anyone tell me the model of this mask and if the missing piece (between the two lens and across the top) is replaceable? This mask belongs to my wife and she loves it. This is the only one she can find that is a perfect fit for her and she is not ready to give up on it yet. I assume if I can just replace the missing piece there will not be a leakage problem?

Definitely the Liberator. Mine got jerked off in Leguna Beach (Biotch?) wave action. :depressed:

I did find the Liberator Plus seems to be the same. The Liberator was discontinued some time ago. Good luck finding the part.

a scubapro solara mask is the same..same mold..the black silicone does feel softer to me for some rreason, and gives a better seal than the clear silicone..sells for around $59.

My mask has the black skirt and she does not like it. She has to have the clear.

WOW, they have increased the website price. I bought a new one last fall for $33.00, and used a % off coupon on my entire order. I wonder if the price has something to do with the MAP pricing many manufacturers are enforcing. I find that on MAP items, if I call, I get a much better price.

TC,
I have found that after a few hundred dives, the silicone skirt seems to stiffen up a little, and does not seal as well. Of course. I have facial hair, and that probably is not a problem with your wife. Regardless, a new mask might be a good idea.

LOL No facial hair is not the problem. I believe I may have found it here: Tusa Liberator Mask and Snorkel Combo Pack

Thanks for the replys.

Back
Top Bottom