Prep New Freedom One Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Does the new Tusa Freedom One need to be prepped? (ie scrub with toothpaste) prior to its first use?

Hi Howie- Sure, you can do your typical prep routine with the M-211. If you have the PRO version, take care not to scratch the AR/UV exterior coating on the lens, the inside is not treated however.

I was wondering about this myself... Just got the Freedom One on Friday. Am looking forward to using it on our upcoming trip to Cozumel.

I got one of these masks and love it ... I have a full beard and mustache so I've always had leakage issues with masks. Before my recent diving trip to Cayman Brac, I purchased to try on about 8 masks (online) to 'dry test' them for fit. Of all the ones I tried (Aqualung, Mares, Oceanic, etc.) the best fitting ones -- in terms of good seal -- was the Freedom One. I got mine in black silicone.

When diving, a liberal application of silicone grease made this the best sealing mask I've ever owned. I'm one happy camper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom