Difference between RS-460 and RS-460 II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a recreational diver shopping for my first new regulator. I'm currently diving an old un-balanced US Divers system and am looking to get a balanced setup for deeper diving. I am looking at a few Tusa models (amongst others), the RS-460 and the RS-510, and I have a few questions.

The first is regarding the RS-460 regulator. Is there any significant difference between the first stage on the 460 vs the 460II? Are both cold-water insulated? Also, how much is the DIN conversion kit for the R-400 regulator? I can't find it anywhere online. Also, is the 460 eligible for the Free Parts for Life program if purchased new?

The second is regarding the RS-510. Will it operate well in cold-water (is it cold-water insulated)?

Thanks for answering my questions. I have a Tusa BC and am very happy with it, and certainly wouldn't mind giving Tusa some return business.

Last edited:
HI-
The RS-460 and RS-460II are essentially identical. The II version has been available on the market for approx 2yrs, so current LDS stock should be RS-460II. The change was an updated poppet assembly to improve performance and reliability. Each R-400 first stage is CE EN250:2000 approved for cold water conditions <10 deg Celsius/50deg F. The RS-510 is not cold water rated, which requires usage above 10 deg Celsius/50 deg Fahrenheit.

Back
Top Bottom