Element II (IQ 750) and PC download problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjchang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had the computer for about two months and logged 15 dives. I just got the PC cable today. I was able to install software and drivers on my PC(s). But when I tries to download the dives into PC, the success rate is about one out of 20 tries. For that one "success", the data were incomplete. For example only two dives out 15 have the complete info, such as dive time, depth, temp etc. The rest only has dive date and the time dive starts. Very frustrated and disappointed. Can anyone help? Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay-
Please make sure that when your IQ-750 is making a clean contact with provided USB cable. Also, you may try to Uninstall and Re-Install the DiveLog software (for PC). You can find the latest software from here: http://www.tusa.com/us-en/Support/Software

If these do not solve your problem, please call our Tech Support Toll Free (800) 521-8872, or email (info@tusa.com).

Backup your dives then erase then and download again. If that doesn't work you may want to send tusa your DLG and Dat file from the software.

Thanks for the advice. The problem still exists but appears related to the connection between USB and Element II. I needed to push the USB toward the Element very hard and hold it during the handshaking stage. I got it work within 3 tries, which I can accept. One more question: where can I get the protecting film, and how much it sells for? Thanks again.

Jay

My best guess for the film is your local dive center. Check the pins on the connector they should be straight and they should have some spring to them as well.

Back
Top Bottom