Safety Stop Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The standard safety stop setting on the Uemis is 16 feet for 3 minutes. Everyone that I dive with (and every computer that I've had) has a 3 minute stop at 20 feet. I can go into the computer and adjust the depth to 20 feet but as soon as I exit out it reverts back to 16 feet. Why would you have an adjustment avaiable in the computer if it reverts back to the factory default?

Normal safety stop depth is 5 metres for 3 minutes.

5m = 16.4ft.

These computers are made in a metric country and as far as I know most of the world is metric.

These guys are simply more exact with their conversion.

Use 16ft, it doesn't really matter that the others are 4ft below you, after all you're following your plan not theirs.

Interesting that it reverts to 16ft but my guess is they consider that critical so it resets. Agree with you on "why bother haviong an adjustment" though

Normal safety stop depth is 5 metres for 3 minutes.
"Normal" can be debated. Some agencies (CMAS for instance) teach 3 metres for 1 minute. It doesn't make sense to me that a computer should decide what normal is and it makes even less sense that it offers you the option to configure it but only for one dive.

Well, Laura was right...I wanted to talk to Switzerland first before I post something.
The maximum depth for the Safety Stop is set at 16 feet. If you enter any depth deeper than that, the unit will reset to the 16 feet. You can set the safety stop to a shallower depth than 16 feet, but not deeper than that.
Michael

Well, Laura was right...I wanted to talk to Switzerland first before I post something.
The maximum depth for the Safety Stop is set at 16 feet. If you enter any depth deeper than that, the unit will reset to the 16 feet. You can set the safety stop to a shallower depth than 16 feet, but not deeper than that.
Michael

Interesting..... Thanks, Michael.

I spoke with Ernst last night about the safety stop (we americans like round numbers like 20') and the Minimum gas pressure (again, round numbers such as 400 psi as opposed to the conversion number of 435).

So! in the impending update (watch your email!!), we get Maximum depth of safety stop to 20' (it starts counting at 30' for a 20' safety stop) and Minimum gas can now be set between 400 and 1450psi (400 is the absolute minimum he's willing to go, if you try lower, it will reset to 400psi)

Cool for you guys!

Is this a purely for imperial units setting?? Not going to affect all of us Metric users at all.

Don't tease now :wink: How long we got to wait?!?!

Thanks for the updates btw - appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom