My Uemis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're both right.

This is one of the things on my "enhancements" list I am building up to send to UEMIS.

You can see the info as Scootergirl outlined but it would definitely be more useful if it was available as a single set of info as cardog has said. That info should be all in 1 place.

Some of the issues seem to be a simple case of "lost in translation", things don't quite tranlate into english in a really understandable way. There are things like the need for a glossary of terms on their site is needed as I am not really clear on what they mean by "water name"

Perhaps its time for a thread for enhancement requests rather than us all sending in emails with request and doubling up?? What do you guys think??

I'm looking at the log right now, and under gas data, it shows my psi at the start of the dive, and as I scroll through, i see it go down, at the end of the dive, it's my end pressure...

or are you asking about a different screen?

I'm talking about the dive log on line, Laura. I think that the tab is titled, "gas management". It shows all zeroes for every dive that I have logged. I'd send you a screen shot, but I can't access the site from work.

cardog its "gas data" under the profile tab of the dive log.

What is on my wish list is an extension to the "Gas" section of the overview tab to include start and end pressures and the average sac rate (they call it "minute volume").

This would fix what you are looking for and give all the useful basic log info on the first tab of the dive log which is the overview.

The sac rate is available when you edit the dive data from the log book list view - it is called "consumption" and again could do with renaming to a more universally recognised word like sac or rmv.

Michael, any chance you could feed this back to the guys in Switzerland??

Well, the online log book function is built up the same way as it is on the SDA itself.
Changing those menues or taking information out from one template and transfer it to another....not sure if they will go for it, because the online log would then be differently built up then the log on the SDA itself.
But in general, if I want to go through the dive itself, I go to "Profile" and I have all the necessary dive related information on one screen...I actually find it not to bad.
As far as recommendations for better translation or other things, you can also send them directly to Uemis...Or if you want to open an extra Thread, you can do so as well...

Michael

Well, the online log book function is built up the same way as it is on the SDA itself.
Changing those menues or taking information out from one template and transfer it to another....not sure if they will go for it, because the online log would then be differently built up then the log on the SDA itself.
But in general, if I want to go through the dive itself, I go to "Profile" and I have all the necessary dive related information on one screen...I actually find it not to bad.
As far as recommendations for better translation or other things, you can also send them directly to Uemis...Or if you want to open an extra Thread, you can do so as well...

Michael

If the online log book functions the same way then why doesn't it log my start pressure, end pressure and sac rate??????

Michael, i think he's just asking to have a 'window' added to the log book,

the way i read it, he'd like the Log > Used Gas window as one of the windows to view (like the pre-post dive info) in the myuemis log.

the summary so to speak,
tank size
gas mix
before
after
used
av rate
max rate.

It's already a window on the SDA log, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be _that_ hard to add, it's not making a new template or transferring anything.

in defense of Michael and UEMIS,

Technically it DOES log your start, end, and the pressures in between or there would be no way for it to make us that pretty graph :wink: You are asking a german (Michael) to tell the Swiss that you want it to log something it already does. It is just not displaying it in a format that you want to see it in. Sorry to nitpick here, but if we are going to ask the Swiss to change something, then we have to ask for exactly what we want very clearly or we loose credibility.

"I want it to log my start and end pressure" will not make sense to them, because quite simply, it already does.

I am probably being stupid, but i can't seem to find the window you are referring to labeled "gas management" (that you say is always 00) in the online dive log. screen shot would help...

intergalactic translator signing off :wink: <just kidding>

Back
Top Bottom