How do you catch shrimp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any method or way to catch shrimp (for eating)? I would be pretty happy if I could come up from a dive with a couple hundred pounds of shrimp haha.

DavidPT40:
Is there any method or way to catch shrimp (for eating)? I would be pretty happy if I could come up from a dive with a couple hundred pounds of shrimp haha.

Well, we just open the drain valves on the ponds and out comes about 50,000 lbs in a few hours. :D

Cool, figures the shrimp farmer would answer this one. So Hank, do you eat shrimp?

dlndavid:
Cool, figures the shrimp farmer would answer this one. So Hank, do you eat shrimp?

Yeah, but only in ceviche or just plain. Good fresh shrimp are like a New York steak. Sauces ruin the fine taste of the meat.

I heard about Kentucky State having that program for the locals to grow shrimp. I grew them (macrobrachium Rosenbergii) in Hawaii for 9 years and a little in Malaysia. Those are my favorite for eating. But you have to get them fresh.

When I get them, they typically don't move. I just pick them up from my plate. :D Someone had to say it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom