Where to spearfish in Quebec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamutt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I started spearfishing in Portugal and fell in love with it. Nothing
like being part of the entire process: hunting, cleaning, cooking and
eating!! Mmmm...the taste of fresh fish on the grill or in a stew.

Now, I'm back home in Quebec and have found out that it is legal
(freediving only) and I'd like to put my spearguns to use again and
enjoy some fresh fish. But where?

Any Quebecois spearfishermen out there to give me some tips as to
some good fishing spots?

Merci a l'avance!
J

Hi buddy,
I am new to snorkeling and spearfishing, but not to fishing, and I know good spots. Now, I must clarify, I was looking at the rules flyer and it seems to me you can spearfish in all types of dive, "plongé", "apnea" et "scaphandre". Check for yourself but that's what I saw. I am from Gatineau, QC and there are good spots for Walleye and Pike right here on the Ottawa River. Around the sand banks of Petri Island, and near the power lines of Masson for Walleye. Around Upper-Duck Island for Pike. At the base of "Barrage Mercier" for Walleye, (caution is to be used here as there is current). At the base of the rapids under "Pont Alonzo" in Gatineau for Walleye and Pike. The other spots I know are in ZEC's in Northern Quebec, and in the "Parc Laverendrie", and I've yet to check the rules for spearfishing there. If these are:wink: :wink: :wink: not in your area, talk to fisherman and try and find out their fishing spots. After all, we're after the same fish as them. lol Good luck man.
evorocket

Back
Top Bottom