Good Reef fish to eat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowhunt69

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm a long time snorkeler and just getting in to scuba classes- I would like to sling or pole fish as I snorkel- where can I find a list of good eating fish - I will be in Culebra this winter-I know that some is national parks but not all-thank you

Enjoy Culebra. Both good diving and snorkeling.
For a good snorkel, try Melonese, just north of town and off the beaten path for most visitors. It's a protected area, so no spearfishing tho. The other better known beach for snorkeling is across the island at Flamingo? Beach.

There was only one small dive operator on Culebra when we were there in 05, right across the street from the ferry landing. Culebra Divers. Good people, and nice diving. Ask them about spear fishing, and how to find the other dive site you can reach from shore, like Melonese.

Have fun, Culebra was where I first took my two teens after they did their OW. They loved it!

What "reefs" do you plan to fish? Most snapper, triggerfish and grouper are good to eat where legal.

Back
Top Bottom