Want a new Pole Spear for spear fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexRD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I already have a 3 prong spear great for lobsters and Lion Fish that's ~5 feet, but I was thinking of getting something longer for Grouper and the like. I was thinking a 7-8 foot spear would be optimal. Any suggestions for durability?

I already have a 3 prong spear great for lobsters and Lion Fish that's ~5 feet, but I was thinking of getting something longer for Grouper and the like. I was thinking a 7-8 foot spear would be optimal. Any suggestions for durability?

Went with a Gat-Ku, got a flopper head and slip tip. Already have a 4ft spear great for lobster/lionfish (3 prong head/paralyzer tip)

Can't wait to get back in the water next time I go to the Bahamas (soon)

Highly recommend the omer pole spear

Just Curious. Where is that you can spear lobster? SAMFC rules dont not allow spearing of Spiney Lobster.

That being said, While I mostly use a gun for offshore shooting. I normally use a pole spear for inshore stuff. Ive seen knuckles broken from a pole spear in grouper. Why not just get a gun?

Just Curious. Where is that you can spear lobster? SAMFC rules dont not allow spearing of Spiney Lobster.

That being said, While I mostly use a gun for offshore shooting. I normally use a pole spear for inshore stuff. Ive seen knuckles broken from a pole spear in grouper. Why not just get a gun?

The Bahamas, you can either grab them, spear them with a pole spear, or spear them with a Hawaiian sling. Spear Guns are entirely restricted, and I mainly only dive in the Bahamas

I'm also looking @ different spearing options.

I picked up the Mako travel/lion fish spear and really like it.

I think i've narrowed my search to 2 spears. The sea stinger lightning rod and/or a crist spear. I really like the features of the sea stinger and the tip design seems to be solid as well. Crist spears seem to have a very loyal following and I've never heard a bad remark about them. Also i believe the owner is local to me.

Back
Top Bottom