Back into the sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone, So I've been getting back into spear fishing with my Hawaiian sling, but I have found myself lacking the power to move about underwater. Mainly because I have resorted to using my body boarding fins, and I have come to realize that I am desperately in need of some proper fins for spear fishing. I have been looking on craigslist and been seeing a lot of variety of fins, but its just over whelming; to be honest. I guess what my main question here is, what should I look out for? Brands, material build, design? The help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

For free diving and spearfishing, long blade fins are preferred by most. Even my 73 year old buddy here, who swore by his ScubaPro Jet fins for years, tried a pair of my old plastic Riffe blades and now swears by them.
The price range varies and goes up when you go from plastic to the more high tech carbon fiber.

Speardiver, C4, Moana, the list goes on. Google carbon fiber free dive fins or "spearfishing gear" and you'll find a lot of brands. The best ones are in the $400 range. You can match and mix foot pockets that fit you best as they are interchangeable.

I'm presently using Speardivers but am getting a pair of Moanas soon.
Fins - Freedive Store
Moana Waterman | Free Diving Carbon Fins

I use Vertex for all my diving scuba and freedive.Copies of the Picasso Team Blacks for about a $100.Best value fin on the market by far.

I wouldn't suggest anyone "back into" spearfishing.

I'm just sayin'

:cool2:

Why not? If you don't mind me asking....and remember, this IS the underwater hunting forum.

Why not? If you don't mind me asking....and remember, this IS the underwater hunting forum.

I think he was joking: "back into" "spear fishing" get it?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Guess he missed "the point" huh?

:)

Yeah yeah....you got me but it was pretty vague. Don't back into a speargun....I get. :D

But you "greenie" bubble blowers and anti spearfishing.....I gotta be on guard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom