Goliath Grouper Harvest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wookie

Proud to be a Chaos Muppet
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The University of Florida sent out a survey on Friday to help determine the future of Goliath Grouper in the United States. Guess what? They sent it out to 20,000 fishermen and no other stakeholder groups. I guess the rest of us are supposed to get the word out by word of mouth. So, here's me and my big mouth. No matter how you feel about hunting GG, or Jewfish as they used to be known, make your voice heard. The survey places no cookies on your computer, so survey early and often. The survey is found right here.

It doesn't really take 1/2 hour to take. Unless you're really slow.

Thanks. Interesting survey. Some of the questions get into aspects of your philosophical viewpoint, even religious. Thought-provoking. Some of the questions seemed intended to gauge the knowledge (or ignorance) level of the survey taker, regarding issues like management and what impacts the goliaths have on other species.

Richard.

I took this as well. Did you post it in the Florida Diving section?

Done. Most surveys I can get some feel for where they are headed. Not with this one.

Id eat a lil JF... is that one of the questions?

What i wouldn't do is shoot one without direct threat of bodily harm, no matter the facts behind spearing vs other forms, one pic of a
JF w a rob allen shaft hanging out of his forehead and we're labeled the worst thing to hit the water since BP.

I don't care if its open or not, you wont catch a pic of me and my speargun with a JF on deck, it would hurt my sport more than help anyone.

The old timers do say 40ish pound jew fish are quite delicious. :D

Back
Top Bottom