Belize cubera. 90 plus feet free diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday. Went out in the morning into some very wet and bouncy conditions. It wasn't too bad once we reached the reef 16 miles out.
We have some nice snapper spots but yesterday they were a bit spooky and running deep. My son Jake did this video with a GoPro. I can't free dive like that. 94 feet laying on the bottom.
We got a lot of other fish too.

[video=youtube;Upeg4sO7xsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upeg4sO7xsU[/video]

DSC04417_zps0f1dbbbb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's another layer of fish buried in the ice. Had a pro commercial guy with us.

:amazed::amazed: holy crap!!

Even as amazing as that is, it makes me sad. I was hoping to look at those fish in the water one day. :wink:

It looks like a lot of fish but there were six divers in the water. We found most of the snappers in three different cuts. Believe me, we worked hard for these fish. Snappers are one of the smartest fishes in the sea and hard to approach. It's all about getting down and laying on the bottom.
The most important thing to consider when diving like that is having a buddy on the surface. As he ascends you can see a diver...I think it's me :D, meeting him at about 30 feet. Swim up with him, looking in his eyes and staying with him on the surface for 20 seconds or so.
You can see a lot of smaller snappers in the cooler too. The smaller ones are sooooo good eating. Like a prime US New York steak. Just grill or fry them just right, add a little salt and eat just like that.

LOL,tracydr, the thread just came up in my feed but I take your point. :)

I wanna see him take a goliath like that ;-)

Jake.jpg

If I'm not mistaken LB, you have seen him shoot a goliath. Although not quite that deep. Didn't you take this
photo? :D And yes, they're legal here.

quite possibly that is my photo :-D

But I want to see him video the kill ;-)

Just got back from a trip to the DR, the All inclusive there was not near as nice as belize . . .

I mean the biggest disapointment was not having to stop the plane by the pilot opening his door to increase drag . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom