Anyone know where to get parts for a Balco pneumatic speargun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mphelps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Balco pneumatic speargun that recently quit working. I believe the company has been out of business for awhile and all I can find about them on the web is about band guns. I've never seen another Balco pneumatic or heard of anyone having one.
The dive shop here in South Dakota says it has a broken pin by the trigger that has some kind of o-ring on it and they don't have any parts to fix it. Has been a great gun for several years and is a simple design and will be an easy fix if I can get the part for it. Anyone know of where a guy can get parts for it? The gun is very similar looking to a Cressi-Sub, but don't know if they have any interchangeable parts.
Thanks!

Its a RAY 550 PR model. Here is a pic and a link to what the gun looks like if that helps.
Air Guns - Balco Diving Products
speargun.jpg

Hi, your gun looks like a Mares. or a copy-cat of some of their older versions. I have some 8 of these guns, and have been rebuilding them for many years for my buddies as well. They are really pretty easy to take apart. But I'm sure I struggle on the first one.

If it's a Trigger leak, It's a simple O-ring change or a bent trigger pin. The pin is just a piece of stainless rod. Not a big deal.. If the barrel is scratched from Sand that is bad and harder to repair. The plunger O-rings and U-cup and easy to replace as well.

Be happy to help. -Linghunt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom