Go Pro Video: Scuba Spearfishing last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Not the best trip, but I shot a few small fish and got to help with a few others..Still learning a new gun. Go-Pro Hero 3 with a MAKO red filter.. no lights, all head mounted..

9 14 13 Stuart Scuba Diving - YouTube

[video=youtube;Ft7IGzlOdzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft7IGzlOdzM&feature=share&list=UU1utDku8vJ RJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

Tried to watch but it hasn't been made available to smartphones.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Boy, viz is pretty good. Where was this?

Boy, viz is pretty good. Where was this?

Stuart Florida... Worse vis than I am used to in Palm Beach, but good for up there..

Nice video as usual. The console entanglement made me gulp. :)

Thanks~ That little tangle issue is nothing unusual. Anything that can get tangled, will get tangled (eventually).

The thing that I worry about is a 400 lb jewfish (or shark) grabbing the 40 lb AJ in their mouth and taking off; I don't need that kind of ride.

I kinda figured that's what was going through your head, looked like you took a quick look at your surroundings when you got tangled :)

Why not ditch the console and eliminate the dangly?

I kinda figured that's what was going through your head, looked like you took a quick look at your surroundings when you got tangled :)

Why not ditch the console and eliminate the dangly?

Yeah, I WAS concerned about a jewfish or shark coming in on that wounded bleeding fish (that was momentarily attached to me). That is just one tiny example of where scuba spearfishing presents the diver with situations that are not entirely predictable, or avoidable or even ones they can control.

I also lobster dive and that involves (sometimes anyway) slamming your hand far back into dark holes and then using all your hand strength to manipulate, turn and yank a lobster out, all while praying that an eel is not going to chomp down on your hand.

So... I know for a fact that it is nice to have a compass on your wrist, but even that is a major snag hazard when using your hands and arms like that. I have lost dive watches before, now I only wear a G-shock and it seems to hold up to the abuse. Even if a computer wouldn't get stripped off my wrist when reaching into holes, it would get abused and scratched. It is also nice to eliminate the possibility of forgetting the computer etc. hard to forget to bring it, if it is attached to the scuba unit.

Dumpsterdiver,

I'm a St Lucie diver also. That's some good hunting out there. What wreck were you on? Always looking for. Dive partner and I have a boat and always seem to be a diver short when the seas are nice. Hopefully getting some water time in the next couple of weeks. Awesome video. Nice to meet you. (New to the forum)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom