how to rebuild bands or where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redneck23ms

Contributor
Reaction score
i recently acquired an old voit swimaster speargun. the bands on it are shot. what all is needed to replace the bands or where is a good place to buy them?

i recently acquired an old voit swimaster speargun. the bands on it are shot. what all is needed to replace the bands or where is a good place to buy them?

Anyone who stocks Trident stuff will be able to get it. In reality though, if you are a descent DIY person, its just a form of surgical tubing. Google for it and do some research on elasticity for said tubing. Another place to look is any RC store or online (Towerhobbies has lots of my money, but there are several), as we use similar black tubing to launch RC gliders from the ground. The only thing you need to do yourself is the wire clamp on the ends. But I'd bet you could figure it out with a coat hanger and a pair of pliers - I did. Not rocket science.

Again, if you go DIY, do your elasticity homework so you don't get something that has lots of stretch, but no power.

We used to build all our bands.... It's pretty painful. Easier to just buy them. Just about any dive shop stocking speargun supplies should be able to help you out. If you can tell me the diameter and length, I probably have them.

Checkout Makospearguns.com. They will make and ship you whatever you want!

thanks. best i can tell they are both 1/2"x16" bands although 1 is slightly longer. looks like they are only about$10 a piece to buy premade. and would cost nearly that to order the materials online. also what length of line/shock cord do you reccomend for this gun? its fairly short with the shaft only 24" or so.

I may be be mistaken, but it think they come standard about 6 inches.

Call and talk to the guys at Mako, but I would guess that you would not need more than about 10-12ft of line with that size gun.

In West Palm Florida, our super store of all gun parts is Florida Freedivers.

Florida Freediving Training ? Florida Freedivers

They have almost every little knob, spring, sear and anything from most every gun. They also can have parts and bands made as well as they stock bulk band material, wishbones, ties, etc. I can walk in their store and buy just 3 feet of rubberband, 1 wishbone and ties. They also can point you to Youtube video's if you want to tie the bands yourself.

They usually ship same day and have an internet catalog on line for easy ordering. Every spearo in Florida knows this store very well since they have a huge selection of parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom