Trying to Spearfish W/ 15 Yr Old in 130 feet of Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Last weekend's adventures in Jacksonville, Florida. Dove with my son on several dives and he out shot me (as he should after I missed several shots).. We were about 40 miles offshore, water was warm and clear and we didn't see too many sharks.. Shot with a hero 3 + mounted on my head, with no filters or lights - so it is a little shaky or misaligned at times. I had never dove within 250 miles of that area, so it was a different experience.

Jacksonville Florida Spearfishing 7-26-14 - YouTube

[video=youtube_share;sUxUMiWHQgE]http://youtu.be/sUxUMiWHQgE[/video]

Well done. Always good to see the young one's coming up.
I never miss fish, so I don't know what that feels like. :wink:

Well done. Always good to see the young one's coming up.
I never miss fish, so I don't know what that feels like. :wink:

His ability to out shoot me is becoming more frequent. He went 2 for 3 yesterday and I went 0 for 1...

Well done. I like what you showed cause it wasn't just the edited catch. I saw how hard it is to do. Think I'm gonna like doing that. Looks like they really can pull once you get them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey all, I'm trying to get a group of 6 people together to do a charter in Wilmington, NC on August 23/24. I went diving there 2 wks ago, found 94 teeth and cant wait to go back. I have a charter captain that is free and has me booked- now I just have to fill the boat. I didn't find any monster teeth, but a few people on the boat did find some 6+ inchers. I found 2 that were 4.5, and 8 that were 4 inches. Rest were smaller megs, maco, other shark and meg fragments. Email me directly if you are interested! Can car pool to save $. Its a deep dive- Nitrox and advanced open water divers. 100-110 feet.
Mike Seese mseese@bellsouth.net

Well Done!

Very nice video and nice fish. That wahoo was a bit too far? Looked BIG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom