Bathtub Beach/Reef liar lifeguard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spearfishinguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok I live in here in Florida close to Bathtub Beach. I have been teaching my sons to spearfish (ages 13,15) I have run ins with only 1 lifeguard. Hes an older guy grey hair and has been a lifeguard for 18 years. He tells me Im not allowed. He explained its like "Disneyland" He became more rude when I told him FWC told me I had to be 100 yards from the beach he told me I was wrong and FWC has no jurisdiction. He continued to tell me last time he talked to me we left and they found all kinds of fish with holes in them including snook. Now I have been researching about bathtub and found it very interesting that in 2013 there is a post about this same lifeguard calling FWC and making the same claim on some other guys. He even made a statement to me saying " I hope nothing happens to you while you are out there that requires our assistance" I am wanting anyone who has been harassed by this guy to please step forward. He continues to be nasty claiming you cant enter the park with a speargun and then ignores the 4 other people who were spearfishing inside the first reef. No other guards have been so rude and nasty. He even made a comment as to who I thought I was just killing all the fish and such. Its clear to me he has a personal problem with spearfishing and is not above lying to get people in trouble. Please let me know your story.
Thanks

He is being employed by someone, call the dept he works for and complain.

Im in the process of that now. However this guy prooved he is not beyond lying to try to run people off, so Im looking for others who have had similar experiences.

---------- Post added August 1st, 2014 at 03:40 PM ----------

Contacted FWC and Martin Co. It just so happens this lifeguard called the sheriff's office on me for having a speargun. Long story short the lifeguard was told as long as I spearfish 100 yards from the high tide mark I was fine. He even told them I can enter wherever I choose, its a public beach not a park. Soooo long story short I am contacting his boss to file a formal complaint. Stay tuned

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom