Got a new toy to murder some fish! *PICS*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally got myself a spear gun! My local dive shop had a REALLY nice used seaHornet for a good price, plus I like buying from them when I can.

We got 19 hogs last Saturday, one short of the limit.

10565194_946568543986_8417722491993106195_n.jpg

That is an Australian Sea Hornet. Looks to be in good shape. The metal in the trigger mechanism is soft and parts can be difficult. It will last quite a while if you do not overload it.

Is that a good thing? And How do you know by looking at it? What do you mean by overload it? Sorry I'm kinda new to spearing.

Are you shooting that gun as a free shaft? The line wrap is not going to the line release. Most new people will not be free shafting.

Looks like he has a SS speed load kit installed; but yes, it's setup for freeshafting currently.
Don't worry about the trigger, just use the hell out of it and you will be fine. If there ever is a problem just install a Biller trigger available at most dive shops.

Are you shooting that gun as a free shaft? The line wrap is not going to the line release. Most new people will not be free shafting.

Yes I'm shooting free shaft, I like it better than line. It does have the speed load set, but I only use it when I'm shooting under a ledge.

I was using two bands and shooting straight through hogfish last week... I think one band will be good enough for those guys.

I stoned one, it was awesome lol

Any idea how Keyshunter knows it's from Aussy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom