Big catch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll bet no present day speros ever landed anything this big!

whale shark.jpg

Or probably as harmless...

Times are a changing...

When the photo was taken this was quite the feat. Now it is viewed with certain misgivings...at least by many of SBers.

Or probably as harmless...

Oh yeah like a red snapper or cod fish is a real danger. What do you spear that so dangerous?

Oh yeah like a red snapper or cod fish is a real danger. What do you spear that so dangerous?

Dinner...the degree of danger depends on the degree of the cook. :wink:

Dislike

I can't read the article text from my cell but it looks like a whale shark. Are they even edible?

You'd have to ask the Japanese on that one.
There are those that will eat anything.

While I do not like to see the mega fauna killed for food, I understand some people's need for subsistence and the value to a community such a large animal could bring.

I would like to believe that most sport fisherman are ethical and consume what they catch or release that which they have no intensions of eating.

It it is the senseless killing of the animal for the enjoyment of the "kill" that I have no use for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom