A.B. Biller 36 special safety jammed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matts1340

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi everyone! Im new to this forum so im not sure if this is the right place to post this but, ill give it a shot.

I recently got a A.B. Biller 36 special from a friend who moved out of state and was messing around with it earlier.
I took the bands off because they need to be replaced and than was just loading the gun and popping the trigger.

I think i accidentally loaded the gun while it was in the safety mode and now I cant take it off safety or shoot the gun?

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

---------- Post added March 22nd, 2015 at 08:53 PM ----------

Ok, so I just tried pulling the spear out and was able to get it out. I put it back in to see if it would affect the safety but no luck. I then pulled it out again.

The safety is jammed.

Make sure the line catch is in the closed position. With out the bands and playing around with it I bet the catch isn't closed. The gun will not load properly if the catch isn't closed.

Sometimes a good spray of silicone into the trigger mech will release stuck parts.
I know I'll catch flack for saying this, but safeties on spearguns are more trouble than their worth.

Good thing about Billers is you can buy whole new trigger system then screw your muzzle and loading butt into it. Can't do that with the custom guns.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom