Gulf Shore night week-day night dives for Flounder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Me and some of my buddies have been fishing the Whiskey Wreck a night a week for Flounder. Getting out there around 8pm and in the water for night-fall and getting out, showered-up, and home around 11pm. If the tides fall into these times we'll be trying Alabama Point Jeddies as well. I do have a small Zodiac to help get us out to the jeddies.

If anyone is interested, feel free to post here and I'll let you know what day of the week we are planning to dive in that particular week :eyebrow:

Last week we pulled in 19 Flounder, so the fish are out there :)

Monday night we pulled in 8, in 15 minutes of being in the water before being chased off by literally hundreds of jellies...

How much of the Whiskey wreck is out of the sand now?
Rick

http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album07

More than whats shown there ^^ those pics were taken ~2 months ago? There is probably a good 7' of wreckage protruding from the sands at the moment. Total depth of 13' and with my head bobb'n on the surface, I can reach the higher points with my fins.

Lots and lots of jellies right now, the annoying stingy kind too. Drove us out the water Monday night, but I'm going to check it out again this weekend or early next week.

Back
Top Bottom