Hello from Indiana, where there are no oceans!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajwinkler

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to the board and pretty new to diving. I found this site because I am getting ready to buy an underwater camera, and can't make up my mind what to get. Am accustomed to a Canon A1 film SLR and have a Nikon CoolPix 4500 which I do not particularly care for. Shutter lag on the Nikon is really frustrating. Any suggestions are welcomed--I have read several of the threads already. Would like to keep it under $1500 US.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

ajwinkler:
Hello all! I am new to the board and pretty new to diving. I found this site because I am getting ready to buy an underwater camera, and can't make up my mind what to get. Am accustomed to a Canon A1 film SLR and have a Nikon CoolPix 4500 which I do not particularly care for. Shutter lag on the Nikon is really frustrating. Any suggestions are welcomed--I have read several of the threads already. Would like to keep it under $1500 US.

Welcome! I'll assume if you use an A1 my "Sea and Sea MX-10" suggestion would be lame. Anyway, do post in U/W Photo forum and get much smarter responses...

Welcome!

No oceans, but a whole lot of rock quarries. :D

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I wish I could help you on your camera questions, but I just barely know which end to point with. :silly: I guess you found our photo forums...?

PM me if I can help around here.

don :zorros:

DandyDon:
I wish I could help you on your camera questions, but I just barely know which end to point with. :silly: I guess you found our photo forums...?

PM me if I can help around here.

don :zorros:

Thanks! I did indeed finally figure out what I am going to do about the camera. Now, I just have to hold my breath for 4 weeks until time for the big trip!

ajwinkler:
Thanks! I did indeed finally figure out what I am going to do about the camera. Now, I just have to hold my breath for 4 weeks until time for the big trip!

Welcome to the board. If you are ever in need of a dive buddy, PM me.

crpntr133:
Welcome to the board. If you are ever in need of a dive buddy, PM me.
I think I am developing a rule--if I need more than 3mm, a hood and gloves, it's too damn cold! Where are you in Indiana? I'm in Fishers...headed to Cozumel in 3 weeks with Indy MPH on the northside.

Back
Top Bottom