SeaLife DC500 Pro Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the SeaLife DC500 Pro Set with flash sync cable, but the LDS said the SeaLife close-up lenses wouldn't work with it. The camera does have a macro mode, but it doesn't focus too quickly with it. Does the close-up set work with the camera as SeaLife claims on their website, or do I need to adjust the settings in the camera (shark mode) to get clearer macro pictures? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Firebrand:
I have the SeaLife DC500 Pro Set with flash sync cable, but the LDS said the SeaLife close-up lenses wouldn't work with it. The camera does have a macro mode, but it doesn't focus too quickly with it. Does the close-up set work with the camera as SeaLife claims on their website, or do I need to adjust the settings in the camera (shark mode) to get clearer macro pictures? Thanks in advance for the advice!

When this camera first came out I emailed Sealife support to ask them the same question. Here's the reply I got:

The 3x,8x & 16x lenses are not compatible with the camera. The camera
has an optical zoom that allows you to get to within 2" of what you are
shooting.

Amy Fowler
Customer Service
Pioneer Research
97 Foster Rd., Suite 5
Moorestown, NJ 08057
Phone 800-257-7742 ext. 13
Fax 856-866-7640

However, I've wondered if it would be possible to turn the autofocus off, put on the macro lenses (they should fit physically) and just point and shoot for reasonable pics if one got the distance right. In fact, if you go to Sealife site and look at the gallery pics, you'll notice that one of the pics is supposedly taken with 16x 3x zoom. Maybe it's just a typo.

Back
Top Bottom