First underwater pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmat1980

Reaction score
Hi,
Im going to Maui for my honeymoon and was wondering if any disposeable u/w cameras were worth buying??

If so could someone direct me towards a brand/model that is the best??

I also saw on ebay u/w cameras for like 30 bucks that were re-useable (Underwater Suprema Super Sport camera) See the link below...would this be better than say a kodack disposeable u/w camera??

Thanks
jmat

ebay link to u/w camera
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-125FT...7186126890QQcategoryZ1300QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A few more questions:

Is it likely I can rent a good underwater digital camera for a decent price somewhere in Maui?? How much would I expect to pay??

If I get the Suprema Supersport which im leaning towards what speed/brand film would be best to use??

Im just looking for some decent pics, obviously nothing professional...

Thanks,
jmat

I took these pics in Hawaii with a cheap, 20.00 throw-away camera that you can get in any scuba shop in Hawaii (and they look like it).

Actually Rick they look pretty darn good....

anyone else??

I still have no idea what to buy...I guess the intro dives and maui may go anywhere from 10-40ft

My advice would be... If you are only going to get a throw away UW camera...

first... don't buy in Maui... Buy online before you leave.

second... make sure it has a built in flash.

third... Try to find a camera with lower ASA if possible

lastly... if you can only find 27 exposure cameras... take 2 with you on a dive, so you can shoot more than 27 pictures...

My first U/W camera was the Suprema. It says it will go down to 125' but I could never get mine to work below 40'. I missed taking pics of the only eagle rays I've seen around here because the camera froze up. The focus is fixed so you can't get close to the subject or it will be out of focus. The internal flash would barely reach the right focal distance and I learned the word backscatter after using it.

Are you getting the picture :D?

Here are some shots I took in a clear spring:

Well, I bought an aquashot 3 on Ebay and it came with a substrobe AQ/S light. Im not doing any serious diving or anything I just wanted to get some halfway decent pics from either snorkeling or doing an intro dive. I guess this will get me better pics than a reg. u/w throw away. Here is the link to the cam on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7549176457

What do you all think. It was $38/shipped.

I think you did just fine. You'll like that better than a regular single use UW camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom