My pic uv the day - Olive Sea Snake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
On the Yongala...

6030_2030_2.jpg

I opened up the photo with in a small screen - all I saw at first was the bottom left hand corner. I thought "well, where's the snake" - so I slide the bar across the bottom, and "AAAGGGHH!" :D

Sorry, snakes kind of skeez me out. Great picture, though.

That is a fantastic picture! :clapping: but.... judging from the depth of view, I think that you were closer than I would care to be. I know that they tend to be a little timid but, but the thought of having a sea snake in me nickers makes me just a little... well.... chicken! :cluck:

This did get a little closer than I had intended, but these snakes really don't even acknowledge you. I must say that before I dove with them I was freaked out as well.

Oly 4040Z, PT-010 housing, S&S WA lens, S&S YS90-DX strobe.

This snake was down at about 80 fsw. I was swimming backward as hew kept coming down down alongthe wreck, after this shot he passed me right by.

I've never seen a sea snake but when you describe their actions, it reminds me of the Sharptail Eels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom