DC500 with GB or 2GB cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Reefmaster/Sealife DC500 camera with 1GB or 2GB cards?

Any problems? What speed card were you using? Anyone shooting TIFF with a large SD card?

I know this is my first post and I haven't said hi yet, but I figured I'd answer anyway. I'm using a DC500 with a 1GB card and haven't had any problems. I'd have to check on the card speed. I know it's the 1GB SD with the direct usb connector built in. Just came back from a trip with about 400 pictures on the card, transferred to a disk and everything went great.

Thanks for the reply. What's it say on your SD card?

Anyone have any ideas if there is any theoretical reason a 2GB wouldn't work? (e.g. a 2GB is the max on my Palm Treo due to a FAT16 file system)

Hey Mer,

I've got a 1 GB in my DC500. I didn't notice any additional lag time or any other issues. It's great for video. I'm thinking it's SanDisk, but I'm not positive. I got it at Costco. I'm not aware of any issues with a 2GB. Not sure how it is formatted (FAT16/FAT32), but can understand the concern..... Let me know if you want more detail and I'll get back to you when I'm at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom