DC500 Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phoneman

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a great gift it's a Sea Life DC500. That's the good news the bad news is I have never used a digital camera on land let alone in the water. I have been reading the manual that came with it but my learning curve isn't as steep as I'd like.(please see my signature:D ) There are several modes and resolution settings that I've been experimenting with on land but I was hoping someone might be able to give me a basic set-up for use under water. I would like to take it to a local spring for some practice.

Thanks stevead. How big should the memory card be?

it's a 5 mega pixel camera, so I'd get a 256mb or 512mb at least. that way you don't have to stress about transfering the pics off until you get home.

you can get the "ultra fast" memory cards and the write time will be a lot quicker also, but you pay a lot more for those. Seeing how you need to let the flash re-charge for the next shot, this isn't a huge big deal. Only if you are wanting to take a lot of repetitive pictures at once is it a big deal.

Also get some NiMH AA Batteries for the flash and a charger. ger 2100mAh or larger.

One other thing... check the firmware version on your camera. chances are there is an upgrade available for it. SeaLife has had a few issues with the camera that were fixed with the firmware upgrade. do a search on here for DC500 or DC-500 and you'll find threads talking about the issues and fixes.

-mike

Back
Top Bottom