Hello and Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickt

Reaction score
Hi I'm Rick and I am an Instructor in Quebec Canada.
I have recently taken up UW photography and am wondering which strobes to buy to compliment my Olympus C5060 in its Ikelite housing.
I am looking at the DS 50's. I want something simple to use but not to whimpy. Do I need 'manual controllers' or is the TTL sync cord going to do the job?
If I use the manual controllers I think I can access slave mode and have strobe in super macro mode. Is this true?
Any help out there?
Has anyone used this setup?

RickT <" ))^^^<

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

it&#8217;s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don&#8217;t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. If you&#8217;re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

For camera info etc.: ScubaBoard > Scuba Diving Central > Underwater Photography. :camera:

As a Dive Professional :)dollar: :D), you may want to join our private [thread=35542]Instructor2Instructor[/thread] forum. Click on the link for more info or go here to join now.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Naughty Neoprene Fashion Consultancy Inc.

Looks like you got the run down by El, so I'll just say it's nice to have you aboard and I hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do.

Welcome to the board rickt!

I have the same camera setup and I am also looking at finally getting a strobe so I'll be interested in the replies you get.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Rick -

Sorry I didn't see this til now!

The Ike 50s are great strobes. You might also check out the 125s if you are considering WA at all - they have a wider angle of coverage and will make those types of shots easier to light.

Inon also has a fantastic strobe - light, good coverage, manual control on the strobe and AA batteries.

For more specific information go to www.digitaldiver.net -> Strobe Finder.

Talk to Ryan at ryan@reefphoto.com www.reefphoto.com with questions and he can help make sure you get the bits you need!

I wasn't the original poster but thanks for the links alcina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom