Magnifyer for LCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Footslogger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of/seen a magnified viewer or hood of some sort that can be attached to the back of an Ikelite housing to enlarge the LCD screen for easier viewing ?? I'm shooting with an Oly C5050, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance ...

'Slogger

It's the UN Magnifier, but from what I understand, the manufacturer has stopped production so they may be hard to find. If you can find one, Ike has made a rail kit to attach to his housings. Contact Ryan at www.reefphoto.com. He can give you more info. He mentioned he's trying to encourage the manufacturer to produce another batch. Good luck!

I wish something like this existed for the normal Oly housing!!! I'm considering experimenting with plastic lenses as although I have a prescription mask - the LCD screen is still hard to really see. It makes manual mode something not even worth attempting!

justleesa:
Kim, there is a magnifier hood for the Oly PT-015 housing...check out Yuzo
Really!!!!! Thanks...I'll get on that! :D

Thanks for the info and tips. Don't think I'm willing to chance screwing up my Ike housing and that UN Magnifyer looks pretty big.

I think I'll experiment with some of those plastic fresnel lenses.

'Slogger

Kim:
Actually Yuzo has the UN Oly one for around $45 including airmail shipping to the States, or $53 by EMS.

Wish I had known that a few months ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom