Help with SeaLife DC 310

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK. It was just replaced due to flooding( don't wanna talk about that one right now!)
I am taking a photo course on Tuesday next week and so I decided to upload my shots and clear my memory card. The camera worked fine earlier in the day U/W. I plug in the AC adapter, USB and then into the wall and all I got was the powerup amber light. thats it. It won't turn off unless I unplug from the wall socket. I tried fresh batteries X 2 and same problem have to remove batteries to get power off. I have emailed SeaLife but due to time zone they won't get it until Monday. I am dissapointed at the timing of this mishap. anyone else had this problem? Cause/remedy? I am upset at the last issue that cost me my arm and leg from duty/shipping back to SeaLife so I am not sure what to do about this one.

Does it work OK (turn off)without the power adapter plugged in? I don't use the power adapter at all. I've had 4 of these same cameras (two of the non-underwater ones branded Vivatar, and two for my 310) and never had this happen.

So what happens if you just use it in battery mode only?

BTW, I also flooded mine AGAIN and it's at Sea Life right now. The camera itself is pretty cheap, so I'm actually thinking of buying a second camera-only as a backup so as not to wreck another trip with a flood. Twice I'v made the trek to Puger Sound and flooded the camera on the first dive out with it.

Rick Inman:
Does it work OK (turn off)without the power adapter plugged in? I don't use the power adapter at all. I've had 4 of these same cameras (two of the non-underwater ones branded Vivatar, and two for my 310) and never had this happen.

So what happens if you just use it in battery mode only?

BTW, I also flooded mine AGAIN and it's at Sea Life right now. The camera itself is pretty cheap, so I'm actually thinking of buying a second camera-only as a backup so as not to wreck another trip with a flood. Twice I'v made the trek to Puger Sound and flooded the camera on the first dive out with it.

It is the same whether I have the AC power or battery power all I get is the amber light. the camera does nothing. I can switch modes, but there is nothing happening. When I try to turn the camera off nothing happens. I physically have to remove the power source(either batteries or from the wall).
Les

The problem is not he camera it’s the case you are using, or human error. Is it a Sealife case too? Regular preventative maintenance is a huge deal with cheap cases like yours and mine (Canon). ALL of the seals need to be taken apart and lubed and checked approximately every 10 dives or so. If you have more then a few weeks between dives make sure to check everything again. Knock on wood, I have never had a camera flood and I have about 100 dives with mine now. Good luck with the camera. BTW, did you know that DAN insurance is available for your camera? I just found out about it, and added it for only a few bucks more a year then my policy already costs. I know of an excellent camera shop that is known nation wide down here if you ever need parts or advice: Ryan at Reef photo.

Good luck and happy shooting!

-=ben

maybe I have confused this original thread, but I am not using the housing. I am on dry land and trying to turn on my camera and there is nothing except for an amber light. no water or housing involved.

I've called the Pioneer Research (who makes the camera) tech line a few times to ask them some questions and they are really helpful. I'd try to give them a call. Of course they won't be back in the office until Monday though.

Thanks, I may try that as I have emailed them but due to the time zone difference they won't answer until monday. Thanks for your help everyone. I will post what happens once I've talked to SeaLife.
Les

Be careful with that particular camera, the case has a known flaw when used with the strobe attachment. Examine the attachement point carefully, mine had a small crack out form the attachment point into the clear acrylic, when the strobe wasn't attached, it worked fine, as soon as any stress was placed on the crack, it would flood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom