www.divervision.com ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lundysd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone dealt with DiverVision? They seem to have a nice website and good prices, but I can't find a darn thing about them....

Scott

Hmmm never heard of them either. I couldn't find anything on thieir site that said where they are located, but I'm guessing they are somewhere in Europe. The site looks good because it's a template deal but it isn't completely finished - see "conditions of use."

Looks like at best, they are new (Jan '06). At worst, not real. I sure wouldn't send them a CC# at this point. JMHO.

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence when 3 of the web template sections are blank. They're selling products made in SE Asia - at least the Patima and Epoque lines. It appears that the website anyway is based in Taiwan:

Domain Name: DIVERVISION.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Miao, Chih Chia
upediver@gmail.com
Diver Vision Inc.
undefined
undefined undefined
TW
undefined

Record expires on 04-Jan-2009.
Record created on 04-Jan-2006.

"undefined" where there should be address/contact info doesn't seem good either. They do take Paypal so there's some recourse.

Caveat Emptor,

Agreed -- looks a little fishy upon further inspection. Looks like the established usual suspects are still the way to go.

I think this might be related to http://www.fun-in.com.tw but could be wrong. I know the owner fairly well and will stop by his place tonight and inquire. He has 3 stores in Taiwan and is very popular with the local photography groupys. Everybody I know in Taiwan that has bought underwater photography equipment has bought it from one of his 3 stores.

Confirmed.....they are the same company. The new website's name is more in line with what the store actually does which is sell underwater photography equipment. The owner, Joe, will be joining this site today after I mentioned it to him. Its all legit...nothing funny going on.

Just wanna say "Helloooo ~~~"
DiverVision is our new business for the overseas U/W photo lovers.
We'll keep working to make it better.

shellbackdiver1:
Confirmed.....they are the same company. The new website's name is more in line with what the store actually does which is sell underwater photography equipment. The owner, Joe, will be joining this site today after I mentioned it to him. Its all legit...nothing funny going on.
Does anyone have any experience dealing with this company?

thostr:
Does anyone have any experience dealing with this company?

not 1st hand experience but I know of some people who have bought small ticket items from them and have had good experiences. Pretty competitive prices for the region, especially for products made out here (Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, HK...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom