Looking for a starter video setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Killer&Griller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a starter setup for filming video underwater. Until I try it with a used system, I am not going to go "nuts" on a system that I know nothing about. I have several camcorders now that are Sony but would be open to a "package" if the price was right. One Sony is the DCR-TRV310 and the other is one of the newer mini dvd deals. Anyone with any ideas or have an old one that is collecting dust, keep me in mind. I have just started watching EBAY but don't know enough about the equipment brands to pull the trigger on anything yet. Most of my diving is 70 - 145 ft. Thanks in advance for your time.

If you are just interested in a "start up" kit, use your oldest Sony and get a housing from Yellow Jacket. Runs about $300-$400.
They are on the web.
We bought one for getting started and still use it.

I have just what you're looking for...it's listed on the bottom of page three of this thread (maybe 4 by now). It's a JVC miniDV/Ikelite housing. I upgraded to HD, and the JVC is literally collecting dust.

I have advertised here a Sony 3chip camcorder in mint condition with a Gates housing and lights. It is a complete system whose imaging will match up to the best of any Standard Definition system. The housing is new, and will outlast any housing brand on the market today. Email me privately and I will be happy to send you pictures.
Steve:14:

steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

Back
Top Bottom