Under the ice at centennial beach - Feb 11, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Some piccys from today.

centennial-11-feb-2007-01.jpg

centennial-11-feb-2007-02.jpg

centennial-11-feb-2007-03.jpg

centennial-11-feb-2007-04.jpg

centennial-11-feb-2007-05.jpg

great ice diving pics...I was ice diving a couple of weeks ago...maybe I should post those pics here on the board...where was the location of your ice dive keep in mind im from canada and not that familiar with the big dive sites in the states

Tamas:
How thick was the ice Warren? Any Pontiacs in there yet? :D

Hi Tamas, the ice was only about 9" thick. Given the cold weather we've been getting these past few weeks, I would have thought it would be a bit thicker than that. There was a good layer of snow on top, though, which may have insulated the ice surface a bit.

Is it wrong that I was all worried that we might not have been able to get some ice diving in?

bladephotog:
Cool Warren. I'll be doing my first ice dive in a couple weeks and can't wait. Hope my shots turn out as well.

Thanks! Remember to bring a large enough bag to keep your camera sheltered in before and after your dive to prevent ice from freezing up your housing buttons and levers.

scubawally:
great ice diving pics...I was ice diving a couple of weeks ago...maybe I should post those pics here on the board...where was the location of your ice dive keep in mind im from canada and not that familiar with the big dive sites in the states

We were actually up at Centennial Beach in Barrie, just north of Toronto. Pretty decen site to do some ice diving. There's facilities nearby so you can get warmed up if you need to get off the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom