Scorpion Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwdigital

Reaction score
Hi,

This picture was taken with a Nikon D100 in a Sea and Sea DX100 with YS90DX strobes.

scfish%20a.jpg

Regards,
Allan

That's a great picture Allen. What aperture setting and shutter speed was that shot at? I'm new to the UW digital photography realm and am trying to learn. I have only shot on land so far as I haven't been diving since buying my camera. I'll be talking to you soon for my housing(PT010).
Thanks
Nathan

I think that's the first blue/purple one I've seen....cool!

Welcome back...how about a trip and new gear report?

Dee once bubbled...
I think that's the first blue/purple one I've seen....cool!

Dee,
Here's another one for you. Not as sharp as Allen's though.

Allen,
I'm very interested in how your camera/housing performs. Give us all the dirt, good and bad. I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't need a D-100 ;-}. I?m especially interested in how shooting with the ?Non-TTL? strobe worked out. I shoot with a housed F-100 in an Aquatica housing, but I also have a Nikon CP-995 in an Aquatica housing. The Aquatica housing for the 995 does not allow TTL and have found that with a little practice shooting manual is not a big deal. Please tell me you hate it so I won?t be tempted to dip into my ?Harley? fund. I really want a new bike next year!

316scorpion3-med.jpg

316scorpion2-med.jpg

Must be the location. I wonder....can Scorpionfish change colors, taking in their surroundings?

Dee,

I'm not sure but you could be right. Here's another shot of the same subject but different angle:) Hope you all like it.

scfish%20b.jpg

From that angle it looks like big nasty insect-type bug! But he's a pretty color...hehe

Had to crop the heck out of it to get it to fit on here.

I'm using a JVC GR-DV2000 in an Ikelite housing. Tough to get much good macro stuff with this rig but it does a nice job of digital video & stills in one package.

I've been told they do adapt to blend into their hunting surroundings

Dee once bubbled...
Must be the location. I wonder....can Scorpionfish change colors, taking in their surroundings?

Yes they do change colors to blend in with their surroundings. I have seen them almost pure white to bright red depending on the color of the background. They are Masters of Disguise.

Back
Top Bottom