Monterey Pics 7/21-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here are some from this weekend. Finally, vis past your nose (about 15-30 feet) and starting to get the hang of bouyancy control in a drysuit.
My wife waved her light frantically at me. I swam over and saw this shrimp on a rock. I thought, OK, decent shrimp but no big deal.

P7220013-01sm.jpg

Then, this guy sticks his head out while I'm shooting the shrimp.

P7220021-01pssm.jpg

Pretty soon, Carol has the curious little Octupus reaching out his tentacle to check her out.

P7220018-01pssm.jpg

Resident Fringehead in his hole by the knob on Shale Island.

P7220001-01sm.jpg

cropped view
P7220001-01cropsm.jpg

Purple Ringtop Snail

P7210086-01sm.jpg

Horned flatworm (Chocolate drizzle flatworm) Sorry I cut off one of the horns!

P7210020-02sm.jpg

P7210012-02sm.jpg

Clown Dorid

P7210033-02sm.jpg

P7210031-02sm.jpg

Great job Larry.

I just want to know what the Horned flatworm did that made you so angry that you felt you had to cut his horn off. :D

Wonderful pics. A hydrophobic Blenny!! :D

Thanks Andy, Marc, Bonnie, Kristin, Yoda and Dennis. We've had some great dives the last few weeks. Lots of cool stuff. I have no idea what the white stuff is on the Yellow Fin Fringehead (at least that's what our friend John, who is usually right on these things says it is). A growth? Something he ate? Yoda, I hope you don't see me on Animal Planet getting spanked by the ASPCA for cruelty to flatworms. It was an accident!

On a different note, having a problem with the camera last few dives. Anyone notice the smudge, about 1/3 down on every picture, dead center. At first I thought it was a red spot from my focus light, but the last few dives, it's showing up constantly. Maybe I need to send the camera in. I think Gilligan had a similar problem with his C4000 a while back. Any ideas?

Larry C:
... Anyone notice the smudge, about 1/3 down on every picture, dead center. At first I thought it was a red spot from my focus light, but the last few dives, it's showing up constantly. Maybe I need to send the camera in. I think Gilligan had a similar problem with his C4000 a while back. Any ideas?
I notice it now that you mention it. I had a fuzzball on my C-5050 sensor after it was serviced. If you didn't have service or have the lens off, I don't know where the fuzz would come from. Does it change with different apertures and focal points?

Excellent shot Larry :yeahbaby:

Wish I had my camera to take something. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom