Looking for a new video camera...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icebox

Reaction score
Greetings all.
I am looking to buy a new video camera and am thinking that I would like to buy a case for it so I can take it diving. 1 requirement is that it be able to convert analog video to Digital. I am sort of looking at these 3 cameras because of price and features...

Does anyone else use these cameras for shooting underwater, and how do they work?

I am looking at the sony TRV-340, TRV-740, TRV-840 to go with the Ikelite Housing #6035.18 Case.

Is there a different camera that you would recommend with similar features?

Thanks for your help / suggestions...
Mike

Don't do video but someone will be along that does! Good luck :D

I have been using the Sony TRV530 Digital8 camera with an Amphibico Dive Buddy Housing. I originally purchased the camera since I have a requirement to convert Hi8 tapes to digital format. The footage that I obtained on a recent trip to Cozumel was quite good and the edited video was well received by the other participants on the trip. This combination is really straightforward to use. Put the camera on autofocus, set to wideangle, use the UR pro filter between 15' and 60' in blue water, get as close as possible to your subject without damaging the reef and edit to your heart's content. However, there are limitations to the camera and housing that have caused me to seriously consider upgrading to the Sony VX-2000 and the Amphibico VH-2000 Marine Housing. These toys are not inexpensive so do your research to ensure that you are getting what you really need and avoid costly upgrades later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom