Reefmaster Mini, anyone using 2GB card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Curious if anyone is using a 2GB SD card with their Reefmaster mini? The manual indicates that with a 1GB card, on the highest quality, one should expect about 301 pics. I was pretty surprised to see the camera showing 1192 pics available when I stuck in a 2GB card. That's way more than 2 x 301.

Oh, and according the sealife, the RM does support 2GB cards.

I'm going to have to check mine at home, but I thought I was close to the 1192 with the 1GB card. I also thought I was on the highest resolution and quality.

I'll let you know later,

Craig

1192 with the 1GB card? Or did you mean 2GB?

I'm going to have to check mine at home, but I thought I was close to the 1192 with the 1GB card. I also thought I was on the highest resolution and quality.

I'll let you know later,

Craig

I just checked, 1gb is giving me 1231 Pics. Or that is what it says in the lower right hand corner.
I have it set on 2816x2112 and Fine.

I have 1 gb sandisk

Craig

Bizarre. I am using a 2GB SanDisk, and display shows 1192, also with 2816x2112 and Fine.
:confused:

I just checked, 1gb is giving me 1231 Pics. Or that is what it says in the lower right hand corner.
I have it set on 2816x2112 and Fine.

I have 1 gb sandisk

Craig

One other thing is that my manuel says that doesn't support the 2g.

Strange.

Craig

I believe the manual states that it supports up to 1GB. I called Sealife and they said a 2GB would work. But now I wonder if the camera is only using 1GB of it.

One other thing is that my manuel says that doesn't support the 2g.

Strange.

Craig

Interesting! They didn't say that to me, just that 2GB was fine. That''s weak!

Interesting! They didn't say that to me, just that 2GB was fine. That''s weak!

Yeah, go figure. Sometimes they neglect to tell ya the tiniest little detail. Im using mine for the first time next week in FL. Will HOPEFULLY post some decent pics. Afraid with all the storms there, he water will be all churned up with bad vis. Got extended batteries (circuitcity) for the strobe too. Some crap about 4 times longer life between charges. Will let you know how THAT goes.
Jill

Back
Top Bottom