Make lots of money diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManSteak

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a random question for anyone with an opinion and a brain (mutually exclusive). Where and how could I get paid to dive?

Here's what I'm thinking... get a videocamera and some housing and take videos of people on resort diving trips then charge people $50 per tape.

I just want to be Jimmy Buffet. Where the heck can I do this?

First, it's got to be a "high volume" dive destination - Pretty much means Cozumel.

Second - Get in touch with all the dive ops you can. They probably won't pay you, but they would have to let you go along.

Third - Assuming you can get a dive op to let you dive with them, start marketing yourself.

Fourth - Plan on spending a whole lot of money without making much.

ManSteak once bubbled...
Hey guys, here's a random question for anyone with an opinion and a brain (mutually exclusive). Where and how could I get paid to dive?

Here's what I'm thinking... get a videocamera and some housing and take videos of people on resort diving trips then charge people $50 per tape.

I just want to be Jimmy Buffet. Where the heck can I do this?
Why not just move down to Coz and shoot your own version of "Girls Gone Wild". I'll buy one...

O-ring once bubbled...

Why not just move down to Coz and shoot your own version of "Girls Gone Wild". I'll buy one...

Hey O-ring I'll give you a better idea that one of my buddies had. Get a magnetic sign made for the side of your car that says "Girls Go Wild VII" and stick it on the sides and tailgate of a pickup truck. Then get about 4 guys with video cams to stand in the back of it while you cruise up and down the beach in S. Padre.

Oughta get some "interesting" results... Just make sure you change the name slightly (Go wild vs. Gone wild) so you dont run into any "copyright" infringements.

Disclaimer: "The making of this tape is intended for private viewing with 6 of your closest drinking buddies only. Any rebroadcasts without express written invitations to them is strictly prohibited. Not responsible for damages incurred when your S/O gets wind of this tape."

Cave Diver once bubbled...

Hey O-ring I'll give you a better idea that one of my buddies had. Get a magnetic sign made for the side of your car that says "Girls Go Wild VII" and stick it on the sides and tailgate of a pickup truck. Then get about 4 guys with video cams to stand in the back of it while you cruise up and down the beach in S. Padre.

Oughta get some "interesting" results... Just make sure you change the name slightly (Go wild vs. Gone wild) so you dont run into any "copyright" infringements.

Disclaimer: "The making of this tape is intended for private viewing with 6 of your closest drinking buddies only. Any rebroadcasts without express written invitations to them is strictly prohibited. Not responsible for damages incurred when your S/O gets wind of this tape."
I actually spent a Spring Break in South Padre when I was a freshman in college...man that was a wild time. Good idea too...maybe we can get that going on in Bonaire with "Donkeys Gone Wild III"

O-ring once bubbled...

I actually spent a Spring Break in South Padre when I was a freshman in college...man that was a wild time. Good idea too...maybe we can get that going on in Bonaire with "Donkeys Gone Wild III"

Ummm... take me off your mailing list!

O-ring once bubbled...

I've got a camera....plus I'm not far from KY...sounds like a business proposition

Mansteak,

I've been to a couple of resorts that had someone doing exactly what you suggested. SandDollar in Bonaire had someone until their operation got wiped out with the big wave in the late 90's. I was there again in 2001 and they didn't offer it anymore.

Also, Little Cayman Beach Resort had a staff "videographer" that tagged along on one dive.

In both situations, they videographer had pretty high end camaras and housings (ie: $$$$). Then after the dive, they spent several hours editing and adding effects (more $$$$$). Then they offered a copy of the tape for $30 each. We were with a group, so we only bought a couple of copies and then pirated copies amongst ourselfs when we got back to the states. (IE: not much $$ for the videographer).

I doubt you could really make a living doing this on the sale of tapes alone. You pretty much have to catch on with a resort and get subsidized from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom