Housing for a Canon EOS Rebel XT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cappyjon431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was recently given a Canon EOS Rebel XT digital camera as a gift and I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent housing specifically made for this model. I had always been a Nikonos guy, so I know squat about housings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are many, starting at the bottom of the price mountain with Fantasea, which includes a standard port for your kit lens at under $1000. From there, you can go on up the ladder to about $6000 for a high end aluminum housing with no ports included. Check for Ikelite, Sea & Sea, Aquatica, Subal, Nexus, etc. Then you'll need to think about lenses for underwater use, strobes compatible with each housing and lots of other fun stuff. Sometimes, you can find older housings relatively cheap on the Photo Marketplace forum here or on e-bay, craigslist, etc.

I was recently given a Canon EOS Rebel XT digital camera as a gift and I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent housing specifically made for this model. I had always been a Nikonos guy, so I know squat about housings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you have the money, "Seatool" is the nicest, smallest housing I've seen for that camera! It's about as long as a dollar bill.

If you have the money, "Seatool" is the nicest, smallest housing I've seen for that camera! It's about as long as a dollar bill.

Actually, the Seatool housing is for the XTi, not the XT. So you'll have to eliminate that one. Be very careful when looking for housings that you differentiate between the XT and the XTi - they have differences which will make a difference.

Whenever you're looking for housings, look first at the listings at digideep.com :: list of all underwater housings suitable for digital photography and videography.... They're pretty comprehensive with which housings will work with what cameras. For the XT, the relevant page is here: List of underwater housings that turn the Canon EOS 350D (Digital Rebel XT) into an underwater camera

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom