Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Housing for a Canon EOS Rebel XT?

Registered

Carrabelle, Florida

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos

Housing for a Canon EOS Rebel XT?

I was recently given a Canon EOS Rebel XT digital camera as a gift and I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent housing specifically made for this model. I had always been a Nikonos guy, so I know squat about housings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Cappyjon431

Dive Safety Officer, Florida State University Coastal and Marine Lab

"You can't run from the wind. you trim your sails, face the music, and just keep going."

Dive Con

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    There are many, starting at the bottom of the price mountain with Fantasea, which includes a standard port for your kit lens at under $1000. From there, you can go on up the ladder to about $6000 for a high end aluminum housing with no ports included. Check for Ikelite, Sea & Sea, Aquatica, Subal, Nexus, etc. Then you'll need to think about lenses for underwater use, strobes compatible with each housing and lots of other fun stuff. Sometimes, you can find older housings relatively cheap on the Photo Marketplace forum here or on e-bay, craigslist, etc.
    Nikon D300 MDX-D300 and (1) Sea and Sea YS-110 (1)Sea & Sea YS-D1, L & M Sola 600. 60mm Nikkor micro AF-D, 10-17 Tokina, 35mm Nikkor f:2 AF-D, Std. flat port, NX fisheye port
    Nikon F100 in Sea & Sea NX-100 Pro housing with Sea & Sea YS-110
    Oly SP-350/PT-030 Housing Heinrich/Weikamp ttl converter Homemade cheapo tray w/dual loc-line arms

My Photobucket Album

Registered

Softail

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos

A really nice housing

Quote Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
    I was recently given a Canon EOS Rebel XT digital camera as a gift and I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent housing specifically made for this model. I had always been a Nikonos guy, so I know squat about housings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you have the money, "Seatool" is the nicest, smallest housing I've seen for that camera! It's about as long as a dollar bill.
    If the whole universe has no meaning we should never have found out that it has no meaning: as if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes
    We should never know it was dark, dark would be without meaning - CS Lewis

Registered

Lionfish Huntress

Dives
    200 - 499
    Quote Originally Posted by caymaniac View Post
    If you have the money, "Seatool" is the nicest, smallest housing I've seen for that camera! It's about as long as a dollar bill.
    Actually, the Seatool housing is for the XTi, not the XT. So you'll have to eliminate that one. Be very careful when looking for housings that you differentiate between the XT and the XTi - they have differences which will make a difference.

Whenever you're looking for housings, look first at the listings at digideep.com :: list of all underwater housings suitable for digital photography and videography.... They're pretty comprehensive with which housings will work with what cameras. For the XT, the relevant page is here: List of underwater housings that turn the Canon EOS 350D (Digital Rebel XT) into an underwater camera
    -Amber

AmberWaves Dive Travel and CruiseResource.com